Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bleeble.

People are stupid.
I'm at work and I just had a guy call me to make a reservation for Memorial Day Weekend and he just couldn't wrap his mind around the fact that 1) Its a weekend in May, 2) Its a biker weekend, 3) The very brochure he was reading to me from states in bold and all CAPS that WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS, AND SPECIAL EVENTS are higher.
So he asks about the weekend before-- Same price. Again, he can't wrap his mind around the fact that its a weekend in May... It won't be cheap anywhere. In fact, to find one cheaper than the price I gave with similar or better location would be nearly impossible.

One thing I can't stand is a person who gets angry that they can't be cheap assholes every day of their lives.

"So just because the hotel will make more money by certainly selling those rooms on those nights, why not have them lower so people like me can be cheap and you don't have to worry about making money."

I'll repeat... People are stupid.

Anywho, that's not what my post is about. In fact, I don't know what its about really but it isn't about some moron who can't understand 'supply and demand' or other simple capitalistic ideas.

So... I won a radio contest the other day. I won two tickets to the movie 'The Queen' which I'd never heard of until I won the tickets...
But after I won, I went to get my taxes done... After that we went to the radio station to get my prize.
We went in and dealt with the rude ass lady in the office, I got my winnings and we went back to the car.
Darrell and I were discussing something as we were about to leave (probably the rude lady inside) when I happened to change the radio to the same station I'd just won from. Over our conversation we heard them announce to call in and win something and Darrell called, he was the correct caller (#5) and he won a t-shirt and a chance to be entered into another contest.

Summation; Almost exactly one hour after I won, Darrell won. We were in the parking lot picking up my prize when he won. And of course, we were both in the car with the other when they won.
What are the odds of that? I mean, really. It was a radio station played in resturants and offices all the time and at this hour, thousands of people had to be listening. I really would love to know the statistical odds of what happened happening again.

Anywho, I totally just started drawing a blank sooo... Yeah. I may post again before I get off of work but... eh, I doubt it.

Big brother is watching.

-=The Prynce

No comments: